Gifts That Make An Impact NowChanging the Life of a Child
Photo by Luis Cocón.
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund:
You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your Donor-Advised Fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
IRA Charitable Rollover
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to ChildFund International. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of helping the world’s most vulnerable children is reaching as many lives as possible. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to ChildFund.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to ChildFund so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support ChildFund, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
* Congress has waived the annual Required Minimum Distribution from IRA Accounts in the year 2020 as part of the CARES Act in response to COVID-19. Please consider seeking advice from your financial advisor or tax professional to understand how recent changes to laws governing retirement plans may impact you and your charitable gift.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for ChildFund to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and supports children with the most urgent needs.
Gifts of Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our shared vision. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support ChildFund. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to connect, support and provide much needed opportunities for children. You can make your gift online now or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
ChildFund International USA
2821 Emerywood Parkway
Richmond, VA 23294
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.