Gifts That Reduce Your Taxes

Creating opportunity for children

Photo by Luis Cocón.

You can empower children and their families when you partner with ChildFund International. What’s more, you can leave generous gifts now and you may receive tax benefits to enjoy for yourself and your loved ones.

Gift of Cash

One of the most common ways to make a gift to ChildFund International is to write a check, make a gift using a credit card, or donate online.

Stocks & Bonds

This is one of the easiest gifts to give and one of the most useful in accomplishing your philanthropic goals. By transferring your appreciated stocks or bonds, you can make a difference for a child now. Or, the next time you visit your bank, you can name ChildFund International USA (Tax ID: 54-0536100) as the beneficiary of a checking or savings bank account, a certificate of deposit (CD), or a brokerage account. When you do, you’ll take a powerful step toward meeting the basic needs of children living in poverty for generations to come.

Retirement Assets

A gift of your retirement assets, such as an employee retirement plan, IRA, or tax-sheltered annuity, is an excellent way to make a gift. A gift of these assets can shield you or your heirs from taxes while funding ChildFund International.

Life Insurance

Life insurance is a valuable asset for making a charitable gift. You can make a gift of a life insurance policy without diminishing other investments or assets earmarked for family members.

Personal Property

A gift of artwork, coins, antiques, or other personal property can be an excellent way to support ChildFund.


Your Giving Toolkit

Donate Now

Donor-Advised Funds

Sample Language for Your Will

Sample Beneficiary Designation

Sample Codicil

For Trustees and Advisors

Need assistance? We're here to help!

David Jokinen

Trusts & Estates Advisor
ChildFund International

The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.